Thursday, August 23, 2012

My Classes

In this blog post I will blog about what's going on in my classes and about what classes I have. This year I have Civics and Economics for first period. In this class we learn things about being a citizen. We learn about rights, and different amendments. We also learn about what there is to know about the government.

The second period class I have is CTS115 Information Technology. In this class we learn about how technology helps the business world. We learn more about different software and how it affects other businesses. We also learn more about management, and we learn more about different kinds of technology.

My third period class is Algebra ll. It is pretty difficult to me now though. The reason is because I haven't done any kind of math over the summer and I didn't take any math the second semester of my 6th grade year. Plus when I did I have a math class which was my first semester in 9th grade I had geometry and geometry is totally different from algebra. The last time I took an algebra class was in 8th grade and it was very easy.

My last period of the day is public speaking. I really enjoy this class. It helps me learn how to speak in front of other people. This class also teaches different kinds of communication skills. So far in this class everything is going good for me. We have had a lot of work to do, and we just had a project that we had to present today. The project assignment was to find five items that describe you and your personality and place them in a bag.Then you would have to give a speech on the five items. You also had to write a paper on the items in your bag.
Books picture: http://mainstreetv.com/2012/08/alabama-school-boards-receive-aasb-presidents-award/ 

2 comments:

  1. What kind of communication skills besides speaking in front of a group do you learn from public speaking? I would like to hear more about your projects in here. In fact, the class post *should* focus on one class and elaborate on details from it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'll be sure to correct myself next time.

    ReplyDelete