Tuesday, September 11, 2012

News: A Very Loyal Dog

I wanted to do my blog on a story in the news that was very recently. As I was online looking at different things that's been going on in the world I happened to stumble across an article that got my attention. The name of the article is "Dog Killed While Saving Owner from Train." So I clicked on the article and read the heartbreaking story.

The owner of the dog was suicidal at the time. So he decided that he would go out and get drunk and just end his life that day. The man got really drunk and sat on the railroad and passed out. Just in time the dog found his owner sleeping on the tracks. The dog noticed that a train was coming so he grabbed his owner and dragged him off of the tracks while he was still passed out. Unfortunately the heroic dog didn't make it off the tracks in time to survive. When the train driver saw the dog he pulled the emergency brake but he was too late. On the other hand the owner survived with just two broken ribs and a shoulder injury.

Reading this article really makes you realize how friendly and loyal dogs can be. A dog is like the best friend that you could ever have. The dog risked his life for his owner. I really don't think it's right though. I mean the owner was drunk and he wanted to die. But the dog ended up being the one who died. It really broke my heart to read a story like this. I am a animal lover and I absolutely love dogs. It was a very brave, courageous thing that that dog did, and the owner should be so thankful to have had a dog like him.

Running Dog: http://photo-window.blogspot.com/2011/08/dog-on-railroad-tracks.html

No comments:

Post a Comment