Monday, September 10, 2012

Public Speaking Project: Dancing vs. Brownies

In this post I am going to blog about what has been going on so far in my public speaking class. Our teacher Mr. Paul has assigned yet another speech for us to do in front of the class. But this one is different from the last speech when we had to memorize. In this speech we can choose whatever topic we want, as long as it's school appropriate of course, and we have to have an example of our topic and show the class how to do it.

For my project I'm debating on doing some type of dance or bringing in brownies for the whole class. But I'm mostly leaning toward the brownie idea. If I do end up doing my speech on brownies I'm thinking about making homemade brownies for everyone for an example. Then I might bring the actual ingredients needed to make the brownies and show the class how to make the brownies for the demonstration. Or as I'm making the brownies at home for the class I might just take pictures of every step I go through while making the brownies and make it into a PowerPoint presentation. So I'm not quite sure yet on which idea I should go with.

On the other hand if I chose dancing, which I mist likely won't do I would do things in a whole different way. I was planning on finding an old video of me at one of my dance recitals and project it to to the board for everyone to see. For the demonstration I was going to show the class how do do some type of dance move that I know of maybe some kind of tap dancing move. I thought it would be very neat to be able to show an old video of me dancing.

So those are my options on what to do for my speech. I'm still not sure on what to do yet. Someone told me that for my demonstration I should try dancing while making my  homemade brownies at the same time. But I doubt that's possible for me. So most likely I think I'm going to end up doing the brownies.
Brownies: http://www.gourmet.com/recipes/2000s/2008/06/fudgycoffeebrownies
Tap Shoes: http://www.adancestudio.net/TAP.html

1 comment:

  1. You know I am all for either of those topics! Of course the one with the built-in snack is sure to go over better with classmates, and I think the step-by-step photo powerpoint is an excellent way to get your point across (without the mess), but I cannot help but be curious about the dance instructions!

    ReplyDelete