Thursday, September 6, 2012

Procrastination: Good or Bad?

In this post I will talk about a article that was read in class on Thursday. The article was about ways that procrastination can actually be good for you. The author stated many reasons why procrastination could be a good thing at certain times. She made it clear that sometimes procrastination might be needed at some point in life. One reason why procrastination can be a good thing is because you might need some time to process the some information for whats due. For example; you could get a major project from your English class. You might get stressed and wonder how you're going to do a good job on this project, so you rush into it. But what you should do is find out when it's due and calm down and think about what to do on the project instead of freaking out. Another thing the author said is that if you have something to do but you have something more important to do also just work on the most important thing first. But you shouldn't hold off something important to go watch your favorite movie or to go do something pointless.

I think this article was very helpful and well put together. I agree with the author saying that procrastination is good at times, but of course it's not good all the time. Personally I myself am a horrible procrastinator. I procrastinate with a lot of things. I am actually procrastinating right now by holding off my college work until Saturday when the work is due on Sunday. I could learn how to become a better procrastinator by reading the article. I would recommend this article to any bad procrastinators that need to learn how to stay organized and learn how to have everything on time.

Although the author talks a lot about good procrastinating there are still some bad types. One example of a bad procrastinating is waiting to doing your homework in your third period class when it's due that day in your fourth period class. So I think Procrastination could be a bad thing or a good thing depending on how you do it.
Later, now: http://www.lifehack.org/articles/productivity/29-ways-to-beat-procrastination-once-and-for-all.html
Simpsons: http://cmcforum.com/life/03262012-827-procrastination-be-my-friend



3 comments:

  1. I can really tell you got the message of this article, though it was hard for others to get past their surprise at the topic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the topic is surprising. Who would of thought that procrastination could be used in a good way?

    ReplyDelete